Thursday, July 24, 2014

Last Post from the Apartment

It's official. I'm trying to type this as fast as I can, because once my mom's computer stops updating we're shutting off the Internet here and bringing it back to Singapore. I'm sitting on the floor surrounded by suitcases, most closed, a few open and spilling its contents everywhere.

I took photos of the apartment that I'll upload later. Boxville is quickly turning into Nothingville. The apartment may be still ours in name, but there's very little of it that identifies it as such now.

For a treat, I ran out to Great World City to buy bubble tea, lime juice, and local sweets for my family. That was the last time I'll be there for a long, long time.

It's quickly becoming the last of everything. Will the MRT ride home from Plaza Singapura be the last? How strange...  everyday events are quickly becoming memories.

So, goodbye from the apartment. Next update will be from a hotel!


Check out my new blog:  www.natillie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment